Saturday, May 9, 2009

A day with the Girls

~Kaira~
Today was our first outing in big girl panties. I must have asked Kai a million times today if she needed to go potty! She did great all day until right before bed time.  I'm still proud of her.  My goal is to have her trained before her second birthday.  
She has learned a new song today (I like to eat, eat, eat apples & bananas).  I have been worried about her not talking very much and it seems over night she has put words together.   

~Alera~
People always say never laugh at your kids when your getting on to them.  I have had my first experience today with Alera. We were at the store and she was so bad I told her she was in trouble when we got home. We got home and I preceded to do my motherly duty. I turned around to walk away and she says to me "I thought I was suppose to have two". I gave her another one and she looked at me with such a serious face and said "oh, that didn't hurt that bad. I mean it hurt but not that bad".  I had to run out of the room so fast I was doubled over with tears from laughing so hard.
Alera is starting Kindergarten this year.  We had enrollment last week with a tour of the school and to meet the Kindergarten teachers.  Alera is very excited.  Can you believe there are 6 Kindergarten classes at her school???? There are 6 girls in our neighborhood that are all starting this year.
The girls took me to eat for Mother's Day. I wanted to make sure our lunch was not interrupted like it usually always is so we headed to the restroom.  Alera's in one stall and Kai and Me in another.  Alera is hollering out over and over Happy Mother's Day Mommy!!!!  So Sweet!

~Phil~
Phil is still over in Iraq. We know he is there until at least September but maybe longer.  He was suppose to have come home this month but stayed b/c he was not exactly sure what was going on with the company he is working for "Blackwater".  Blackwater did not get the contract in Iraq for this year but where he is at the contract ends in September so to speak.  We have no idea what is going to happen when that time comes but will know more later.  Phil is scheduled to be home again August 19th.  Just in time for Alera's bday and for her to start Kindergarten. We plan on taking the girls back to Great Wolf Lodge.
Phil is almost done with his Bachelor's degree. He has worked really hard to try and finish and is making good grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment