Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's been awhile

It's been awhile so here are a few updates and pictures:

~Phil~
Phil came home the 4th of December. He was here for a month and went back to work. He is now working in Baghdad since they have since closed down Al-Hillah. He seems to be liking it for the most part. And the good news.......He is almost done with his Bachelor's degree. 3 more classes to go. Way to go honey! Should have listened to me when we got married and you would have been done years ago!

~Me~
While Phil was here I had my tonsils removed. They say it's worse on adults and very painful. Well you know me. I was thinking to myself "ya right, it can't be that bad." Well let me tell you, it's the worse thing that I have ever had to go through in my life that I can remember. I now know how it feels to go without eating for weeks. The only good thing about it all is that I lost 18 pounds!!!!! The bad part is is that I went for so long without getting to eat that I want to eat everything in sight and I can't seem to stop lol. So needless to say most of the pounds are back. So now I can hope for no more strep throat.

~Kaira~
Not only did Alera have her tonsils out in November and me in December, but Kaira had her tonsils removed last Friday. She is a trooper but it's more painful for her than it was for Alera. She just doesn't understand that she can't have certain things to eat but when I get out ice cream she runs to get in her chair.
Kaira has been doing gymnastics for 6 months now and she loves it. (She still says she wants to be a Cheerleader when she gets bigger). She moves up quiet quickly in levels b/c she thinks that she should be able to do everything Alera can. It's amazing to see a 2 year old do what a 5 year old just learned.

~Alera~
Alera has her 2nd gymnastics meet this weekend. She's been practicing pretty hard. I love the age that she is b/c they have no fear of anything.
Alera went to the dentist today and she has 4 permanent teeth in and 3 more that are loose. She has got one of her 6 year molars in already. No wonder why she keeps complaining that her mouth hurts.
Alera got her report card last week and it was fairly good. She got a 4 in reading which is great for Kindergartners and the rest 3's. I was proud of her so we went out for ice cream!
We did take Alera to six flags the day after New Years. She loved it and rode everything she could. She wanted to ride all the adult rides and we were like ya right! Maybe another year or so her daddy can take her b/c I sure won't ride them.

So that about does it for now until something new comes up.


We took Alera to six flaggs


The girls playing in the snow


Kai after her tonsils were removed


Phil, Alera & Kai


No comments:

Post a Comment